Using Skitch for Multimedia Field in Practical Citation

Home Forums Feedback Using Skitch for Multimedia Field in Practical Citation

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lizscribe
      Participant

I am a big fan of Evernote and Skitch. I have found Skitch so helpful in adding multimedia to my Reunion sources. I am referring to obituary notices from the newspaper, copies of online death certificates, newspaper articles, etc. I just capture them with Skitch, add an appropriate title and drag them into the multimedia box. It seems to work perfectly. I would like to know if anyone else has done this, and is this an acceptable way to add media (meaning, will it transfer with a GEDCOM, etc.).

Thanks,
      Liz

Ben
      Keymaster

Hi Liz.

I haven’t used Skitch. It looks like it produces an image file so I see no problem with using it to capture media to include in Reunion.

GEDCOM files transfer file name and path, not the actual file, so the use of Skitch has nothing to do with it. What matters is that your genealogy software include the file name and path for source and citation multimedia. Unfortunately, Reunion 10 doesn’t support attaching media to a citation so there’s nothing to export. To make matters worse, it won’t import them from genealogy software that does support citation media.

—-Ben >@<

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.